Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Say Goodbye, Goodbye Jet City

I started watching One Tree Hill a couple of weeks ago. At first, it was something to do while I was waiting for Top Chef, and then it become something to watch instead of Lost (even though that's actually on afterwards, but now I write lesson plans at 10:00 instead of at 9:00). I was going to stop, because, well, it was weird. I guess all of these people are supposed to be in high school, but they seem to have mid-twenties lifestyles and problems, and everyone appears to live in their own house which is not the same place their parents live, although no one has a job as far as I can tell. And don't get me started on the obsession with sex. Even the Clean Teens have slept around; I guess they're just more discreet about it.
So like I said, I was going to stop watching, but then I noticed that this week's episode was entitled "Prom Night at Hater High," and I've been pimping The Long Winters to my friends for a year and a half now, so I figured I'd give it one more shot. Well, there was no TLW song, but now I'm hooked. This was a glorious trainwreck of adolescents working their way through emotions and situations that almost no high schooler will ever experience. I suddenly realize what people a few years older than I am saw in 90210. Plus, there was a catfight!

No comments: