Anywho, I have a couple of friends who were on quiz bowl teams in college, and my parents are good at trivia stuff, so I always write down the questions I miss and send them out to a couple of folks. Well, now, I give them to you, the blog-reading public! Here are the questions we couldn't answer last night, plus a couple others that we did get and I still thought were good questions. If you know them, maybe you should come to trivia night. No fair looking up the answers. I will post solutions later today.
- Other than water, what runs through the mouth of the Amazon River and Lake Victoria?
- The cities of Cairo, Egypt and Fez, Morocco are generally accepted as having the oldest of what type of institution in the world? (sorry about the awkward sentence structure, I don't write the questions)
- What was the name of the strip club in the movie Striptease? (someone at our table did actually know this one)
- On the TV show Girlfriends, the lead character, Joan, has a famous real-life mother. Who is the mother? (We got this one right, too, but it was a total guess)
- Which cartoon character has nephews named Morty and Ferdie? (I knew this one, but I still like it)
- What South Carolina city is the birthplace of former NBA star Alex English?
- What does an onomast study?
- Which anniversary is the Ivory Anniversary?
- Which designer created the "Kelly" bag?