Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I'm Just Trying to Figure Out Which Gilmore Girl You Are

The current Veronica Mars story arc has ended, but before I get into that, let me digress for a bit.
Do you remember The Tick? The cartoon, not the live series, no one remembers that. Anyway, my favorite episode, "The Tick vs. Dinosaur Neil," involves a giant pair of pants, and General Liar of the National Guard, and towards the end, the pants get caught on power lines and ignite, prompting the Dr. Strangelove-esque Professor to scream, "Liar! Liar! Pants... on fire!" It is comedic brilliance - an entire episode of setup for a single awful pun. This line is edited out of the syndicated version of the show, which just seems odd, because I consider it the central joke of the episode.
This episode came to mind last night as I was watching the end of VM, because it suddenly occurred to me that much of this season was just setup for a single bad pun. Well, sort of. Some other thoughts:
Until someone mentioned it last week, I hadn't noticed that Mindy O'Dell was always blue-lit and shot from below. Now that I have, it's creepy. What's up with that?
I guess it's not all that far, but Keith sure did get to Cabo fast.
Gosh, do I not want to watch Pussycat Dolls: The Search For the Next Doll.

Also, another fifteen seconds of Wallace, I sure don't care about the Logan/Parker relationship, and... well, I guess nothing else happened in this episode. On to the comments!

3 comments:

J. Bowman said...

I mean, seriously, Foyle was "Foiled?" Come on!

Shuttsie said...

I'm glad you spelled it out, because I was just sitting here trying to figure it out. I thought it was a pretty good espisode, but I am not sure how I'll feel about the string of MOTWs.

J. Bowman said...

I don't mind MOTWs for a while; this last long arc was kind of tiring, and the more I think about it, a little silly. I just hope I remember that it's on again after this 'musical interlude.'