Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I could also play one on TV

When I went off to college, in a far-away city, the folks and I decided it would be a good idea if I signed up for some frequent-flyer programs. You know how the applications have the boxes to check for your salutation (Mr., Mrs., Ms., etc.)? Well, I checked "Dr." At 20, I found this to be hilarious. Whenever I have called customer service, I have been referred to as "Doctor." Again, this was much more amusing to me at 24 then at 34.

The official ceremony is not until May, but, as of yesterday, I am pleased to report that I am no longer living a lie. Now, if only the advanced degree actually came with a job.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And your folks are sooooo proud of you. I've been worried that the particular airline in question would out you at some point.
Mom

Anonymous said...

First off, congratulations.

Second, will your parents follow up their statements with something like "Not a REAL doctor, he just know a lot of math." Those fracking M.D.s have ruined the doctorate for everybody else.

Seriously though, congratulations.

--bad dad