Another local watering hole has trivia night on Saturdays. It's a slightly different experience from the Thursday version. I think the questions are harder, but the scoring differences make it easier to come from behind. The main difference is in the final question: like the Thursday trivia night, the final question is worth up to 15 points, but you're allowed to bid fewer points, instead of simply choosing between submitting an answer you're not confident in (and risking losing 15) or submitting nothing at all (and getting nothing). I've won several times with judicious use of points on the final question, although I've also cost myself a place once or twice with poor bids. My misses:
1. Which famous singer was born in a town called Butcher Hollow?
2. What is the most common surgical procedure performed in U.S. hospitals?
3. Who was the first athlete featured on the front of a Wheaties box (this was in 1934, five years before his retirement)?
4. What country is the world's #1 exporter of coffee?
5. Place the following movies in order of budget, from largest to smallest:
a) Titanic b) King Kong (2005) c) The Polar Express d) Spiderman 3