Friday, August 3, 2007

I may need less fiber in my diet

I've been waiting for the trivia manager to mail me last night's questions (usually, they have a hard copy available, but not last night), but they haven't arrived yet, so I'll see how good my memory is.
Despite some early struggles (saved the five-pointer for last in one round, only to run into a "guess a number" question; most teams got a five-point bonus at halftime, but not us), we pulled out a second-place finish. Better still, it turns out that we're in first place in the league. By quite a bit, too; a strong showing next week, and it may not matter that we'll miss the final week of league play.

1. In Louis Sachar's Wayside School series, which floor does not exist at Wayside School?
2. How many times does the average human being fart in one day?
3. "Kwispelbier" is a beer specifically brewed for what?
4. In what year did a woman first run for President of the United States?
5. Halftime bonus: Give the names (first and last) of the founders of each of the houses at Hogwart's School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
6. What song was number one on the Billboard pop chart this week in 1994? (As a hint, the category announced for this question was "Victoria.")
7. The Twenty-seventh Amendment to the Constitution, affecting the salaries of members of Congress, was ratified on May 5, 1992. Prior to this, how many times had the Constitution been amended?
8. According to recent articles, who is believed to be the actual author of the play Hamlet, Prince of Denmark?

3 comments:

anne57 said...

Hmm, I suspect that the answer to 7 isn't the obvious '26', but lies somehow in understanding the semantics of the question.

I would guess 13 for number 1, but I haven't read these since I was about 10, so I don't remember.

J. Bowman said...

1. The nineteenth floor
2. Answers between 9 and 17 were accepted. My guess? 80.
3. Dogs
4. 1876
5. Godric Gryffendor, Salazar Slytherin, Rowena Ravenclaw, and Helga Hufflepuff.
6. "Waterfalls" by TLC. Admittedly, an obscure hint.
7. It is, in fact, the obvious 26. After last week's polar bear debacle, everyone suspected a trap, and thus nearly everyone got it wrong.
8. William Shakespeare. Again, nearly everyone overthought this.

Leo said...

I have been sadly sans internet, but I really would have known number 5. That's the only one though.

Get Running!!