League play began last night, and it was not good for our team ("Gordon Shumway's Cat-sitting"). There was a round where we weren't sure of the first two questions, and the third category was "Detroit Lions suck," so we saved our five-pointer, assuming that the question would be about the Lions, or at least football. Nope, it was about Thanksgiving. So much for that. Still, if we had known the final question, we could have tied for first. I originally thought it was an overly specific question, but it turns out there are things that I just don't know. Plus, we probably got more points than we deserved (twice, the reader said "the answer is [correct answer], but we accepted [answer we gave]. It's not what you know, it's who you know).
1. What 20th-century gangster was nicknamed "Scarface?"
2. Besides French, what is the second national language of Belgium?
3. In what year was Thanksgiving officially declared a National holiday?
4. How many Secretaries General of the United Nations have there been?
5. Where does catgut come from (animal and organ)?
6. Who won the first Army/Navy football game, in 1890?
7. Who is the current Chief Justice of the Supreme Court?
8. What theme park has the 4th-largest navy in the world?
9. What is the name of the paragraph symbol (¶)?
10. How many time zones cover North America?
11. What is rapper Mike Jones's cell phone number?