Friday, June 1, 2007

I Studied Kevin's Filmography For Nothing

It looks like the Preschool has become trivia and the Recipe Of Every Other Week. I'm gonna have to work on that. For the moment, though, it's still trivia.
Victory for our team ("Four Degrees from Bacon") this week, as I made a couple of educated-but-still-very-lucky guesses, and the gf was there to correct my worst gaffes (like, say, my insistence that the Secretary of State was third in succession for the Presidency - you'd think I had never watched The West Wing) before the answers were collected. We missed a five-pointer, but apparently it didn't cost us much. I had the final answer so quickly ("What's the Canadian Football League version of the Super Bowl?"), I had it handed in before she finished reading the question. Our misses:

1. What major cable network squeezed out a polka festival for its first try at "original" programming?
2. In which nineteenth-century decade was the importation of slaves to the United States made illegal?
3. What 2000 presidential hopeful was aided at his Florida estate by a manservant named Tony?
4. To what profession did infamous mobster Al Capone claim to belong?
We got full credit for the "six degrees" halftime, but I like it, so I'll probably post these every week. As it turns out, it isn't always going to be Kevin Bacon:
5. Connect Emilio Estevez to Alec Baldwin. Two degrees or fewer for full credit.
6. Which U.S. state celebrates Will Rogers Day every November, on his birthday?
7. How many children does George Foreman have named after himself?
8. What WB show plugged the first-ever romantic kiss between two males in a prime-time TV entertainment series, in 2000?

Answers later. Yes, we really are four degrees from Kevin Bacon.

5 comments:

Leo said...

Emilio Estevez was in The Sentinel with Kim Basinger (it was a terrible movie).

And that's all I've got.

Shuttsie said...

8. dawson's creek

J. Bowman said...

And Kimmy was in The Getaway with Alec. Also not a good movie, if memory serves.
I'll put up answers tomorrow.

Shuttsie said...

And the Marrying Man. Lets not forget the film that brought those crazy kids together.

J. Bowman said...

1. HBO
2. the '00s (1808, to be exact)
3. Donald Trump
4. Furniture dealer
5. Management's answer: Estevez was in Bobby with Martin Sheen, who was in The Departed with Baldwin. My answer: Baldwin was in Hunt for Red October (or The Shadow) with Tim Curry, who was in National Lampoon's Loaded Weapon with Estevez. And Samuel L. Jackson!
6. Oklahoma, where the wind comes sweeping down the plain.
7. Seven - five boys and two(!) girls.
8. Dawson's Creek, not Shasta McNasty; which, now that I think about it, was probably on UPN.