I am contemplating (again) a site redesign, but in the meantime, I give you the misses from last week's trivia night. I've said this before, but this was almost certainly my last appearance at this particular trivia night. This time, it's not the general crappiness of the questions, but the fact that I no longer have any reason to be in Clemson on a Thursday.
Last week was the restaurant's 10th anniversary, so all questions are about events that took place in 1999. We had first place wrapped up, until we declined to guess which day of the month the restaurant opened. It was, apparently, an easy thing to guess, as we did not place, despite a healthy lead.
1. One of the most devastating earthquakes of the 20th Century struck in August of 1999, killing over 15,000 people in what country?
2. What popular Nickelodeon cartoon debuted in May 1999, with an episode entitled "Help Wanted/Reef Blower/Tea at the Treedome?"
3. Halftime: Name the three countries which joined NATO on March 12, 1999.
4. Which two oil companies merged in November of 1999, creating what was at the time the largest company on the planet?
5. Which Royal couple was featured on a postage stamp prior to their June 1999 wedding?