If a third-place finish at trivia can be called disastrous, this was it. We still lead the trivia league by a hefty margin, but we finished behind the two teams still able to catch us. I made things worse tonight by second-guessing three correct answers, thus costing us a shot at second place.
I'll be out of town next week, but I'm looking for surrogates to take my place, and I'll ask them to collect the questions. If they don't, I'll just make up some of my own.
1. What television series has won the most Emmy awards?
2. The mythological Cyclops is now believed to be based on the fossilized skull of what ancient mammal?
3. How many grievances against King George III of England are listed in the Declaration of Independence: 5, 18, 27, or 72?
4. Halftime: Give the real names (first and last) of X-Men Beast and Gambit.
5. According to a 1980 survey, what STD ranked among the top 10 most beautiful words in the English language?
6. Which of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World was built on the island of Pharos?
7. What was the name of Boba Fett's ship?
8. In which city does the television show Boy Meets World take place?
Final: Six Degrees
Connect Tommy Chong to Cobra Commander (yes, the arch-enemy of G.I. Joe) in six degrees or fewer. It can be done using only movies, but you can use TV as well, as long as it isn't reality TV or awards shows (I used the WWF, and apparently that was okay).