Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Oh, foul accursed thing! What demon from the depths of hell created thee!

At my previous educational stop, one of the perks of being a graduate assistant was a "temporary faculty" parking sticker, which allowed us to park in employee spaces. Here, graduate assistants must purchase student parking permits. I'm willing to pay for my parking, but it has long rankled me that I have to compete with my students for a space.
Things have been different this week. When the gf moved, she left me her parking permit, so now I get to park in those coveted spaces right next to the buildings, instead of shlepping my bags in from the commuter lots. At least, that's the dream. The reality is that I've spent 15-20 minutes each day driving around looking for parking; those spots fill up fast. And the spots I end up with aren't that much closer.
So, getting what I wanted hasn't really worked out so far. I suppose I'll complain a little less about the commuter permit when fall classes start. But not much less. What fun would that be?

1 comment:

Leo said...

A romantic parting gift, the coveted parking permit.